Inspiration 15

21 05 2007

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. – Martin Luther King Jr.

The things that one most wants to do are the things that are probably most worth doing. – Winifred Holtby

Perhaps the feelings that we experience when we are in love represent a normal state. Being in love shows a person who he should be. – Anton Chekhov

Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real. – Iris Murdoch





Process issues

17 05 2007

So, before you leave a job, especially one where you were responsible for a large amount of work, it’s reasonable to assume that you have to delegate all that work to someone else upon your departure.

There’s a process to handling these things. However, people who give notice usually have a timeframe. The last few weeks that they are still working for that company. Usually, this may not be the best time to roll out a new process. Cancel all the upcoming delegations to wait for approval on the new process. Approval might not happen till the last week. So, instead of enjoying a nice relaxing last week — reminiscent of your first week — you’re crazy stressed.

Guess what I just did?





Flickr!

14 05 2007

Just remembered I had a Flickr account. Scroll down the sidebar there, and there are some nice pictures to check out. A shame I haven’t remembered to update that lately.





Attitude is

11 05 2007

maybe about 95% of everything. If you don’t have that, then the remaining 5% becomes nothing but a steep uphill battle.





To sum up the week thus far

10 05 2007

And how eventful it’s been.

  1. Tuesday – Minor car crunch. No one hurt. Rear bumper needs a fixin — but it’s alright.
  2. Tuesday – Got an offer.
  3. Wednesday – Accepted the offer.
  4. Wednesday – Did a value of blogging orientation meeting at work.
  5. Thursday – My mom’s birthday.
  6. Thursday – Gave notice.
  7. Thursday – Won an iPod.

Any questions?





So how was your…

7 05 2007

When someone asks whether or not you had a good day…you have to wonder what they meant by it. I wonder as well, but thinking critically, only if you’d live it again, just as you already have, was it a good day.

Truth be know, I had a great weekend…and I’d gladly relive it.





Inspiration 14

7 05 2007

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. -Abraham Lincoln

A minute’s success pays the failure of years. – Robert Browning

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. – Truman Capote